RELEASE NOTES QUILL V13.1
QA release date: 20/10/2022 - PROD release date: 25/10/2022
This document contains information on the platform release of Quill v13.1 Quill v13.1 is released on the QA environment on 20/10/2022 and on the PROD environment on 25/10/2022.
Configurable support email address
The admin user must now configure a support email address in the platform:
- The support email address is mentioned in all email communication sent to the Quill user.
- The support email address is listed in the Info tab.
Please note that all existing customers are requested to configure a support email address in the platform for their
users for 1st line support to contact in case of any questions or issues.
Delegation on user level
Setting Delegation options on company level combined with an out of office setting was already possible. This
enabled a company administrator to create company-wide delegate lists which will be the default signer or approver
delegate list for every document when respectively an assigned signer or approver is set out-of-office. A delegate list
can also be created at folder level, which will take priority over the company-wide delegate lists. It is possible to
disable company-wide delegation for one or more folders, by creating empty delegate lists for those folders.
Now it is also possible to set a delegation list on a specific user. The list to apply is selected in the following order:
- User delegate list on folder level (if the list for the specific user is empty, no delegation takes place)
- User delegate list on company level (if the list for the specific user is empty, no delegation takes place)
- Company-wide list on folder level (if the list is empty, no delegation takes place)
- Company-wide list on company level (if the list is empty, no delegation takes place)
- When everyone in the selected list in order is out-of-office, no delegation takes place
Mailbox to upload document to Quill platform
It is now possible to send a document to the Quill platform using a fixed email address. Sending a mail to this
mailbox will result in uploading this document to the platform. In order to use this feature, please contact your sales
Once this feature is enabled, company admins can enable this mailbox for each folder separately. The mailbox email
address has the following format: companyName@quill.dioss.com for the default folder, companyName-folderName@quill.dioss.com for any other folder.
Please note that only senders who have the permission to create documents in the respective folder are allowed to
send emails to this mailbox. The attachment (document in question) must have a maximum size smaller than 10 MB.
Improved user interface and experience
We are working on an improved user interface for the Quill platform. These improvements will be rolled out in two
phases. First, you will notice some changes to part of the UI for admin users and users with extended permissions.
These are mainly visual changes due to the use of a different future-proof technology, the functionality stays the
same. In the next release, the rest of the UI will be tackled and also signers and approvers will notice the improved
user interface and experience.
- Renaming a document
- Adding and consulting a document description
- Renaming a document: as long as the document is in preparation phase, the name of the document can be
changed. Renaming a document is also possible through an API call.
- Adding a document description field to each document: a document description can be added to a
document. The document description can be consulted by both document owners and signers/approvers.
Adding/consulting a document description is also possible through API calls.
- Post action distribution to inform other parties that a document is signed: on company level and document
signing flow level, it was already possible to send (email) a signed document and optionally the evidence
report to a list of persons after the document is signed. This is now also possible to be configured on folder
The following user manuals are available upon request:
- Dutch user manual v12: Quill v12 gebruikershandleiding NL.pdf
- French user manual v12: Quill v12 manuel de l'utilisateur FR.pdf
The API documentation is available upon request:
- API documentation: Quill v11 API v13_1.pdf
Several application notes describing typical scenarios are available upon request:
- How to add users and make sure they have the correct permissions:
- How to let the Quill platform send emails from your own domain:
TD_2111477_SDZ_APnote_Quill_Sending emails from specific domain_NL.pdf
- How to correctly handle the retention of documents:
- Different steps to follow when implementing bulk signing in integrated scenarios (and the use of OpenID
- Different steps to follow when implementing document collections in integrated scenarios:
- How to use redirectURLs & sequential signing: