RELEASE NOTES QUILL V2.4
QA release date: 19/12/2023 - PROD release date: 16/01/2024
This document provides information about the release of Quill v2.4 (January 2024). Quill v2.4 will be released to the QA environment on 19/12/2023 and to the production environment on 16/01/2024. This release marks the first release in 2024.
What's new in this release?
We are excited to introduce several enhancements and new features in this release of Quill. Below, you'll find a comprehensive overview of the key updates.
Modify content of mails (QU-1678)
In Quill 2.3, we improved our email template customization features, allowing users to modify the header, footer, and color scheme of the email. With Quill 2.4, we have further enhanced the user experience by enabling customization of the content within our standardized mail messages. This means that you can now personalize each type of mail message we send out to align with your own communication style, ultimately fostering stronger relationships with your customers.
Redesign signing page (QU-1691)
In our continuous pursuit of enhancing user experience, we have redesigned the page for adding signers. This redesign optimizes the screen layout, allowing for the display of more information without the necessity of scrolling. The new layout ensures a more efficient and visually intuitive process when adding signers to your documents.
In serial signing mode we introduced a simple drag-and-drop functionality, you can easily switch the sequence of signers. This enhancement not only adds flexibility to your workflow but also contributes to a more user-friendly and dynamic signing experience.
Advanced signing flow configuration (QU-1641 / QU-1643)
In our latest release, we've taken our signing flow configurations to a new level with the introduction of a complex signing flow system.
- Grouping Signers:
Alongside the existing options for configuring serial or parallel signing flows, we've added the ability to group specific signers. This feature allows for the creation of parallel signing groups within a serial signing order, providing unparalleled flexibility. The intuitive drag-and-drop functionality facilitates the effortless creation of signer groups directly on the redesigned signing page.
- Flexible Group Creation:
The creation of groups is now a seamless process through the new drag-and-drop functionality. By simply dragging one signer on top of another, you can instantly form a new group, offering users a straightforward and user-friendly experience. The number of groups is unlimited, enabling you to mix serial and parallel signing configurations to suit your specific workflow requirements.
- Enhanced Group Options:
Groups now come with additional configuration options, similar to approvers. Users can specify that it's sufficient for just one signer within the group to sign the document, even if multiple signers are added. This added flexibility provides a nuanced level of control over the signing process, accommodating diverse signing scenarios and simplifying the overall signing experience.
Support more file formats (QU-1636 / QU-1639)
In addition to Word and PDF files, our platform now offers the capability to upload images in PNG or JPG format. These images will be automatically converted into PDF format for the purpose of signing. Additionally, we have introduced the functionality to attach Excel files to the collections.
Attaching a document when declining a sign request (QU-1654)
In order to enhance the process of declining a sign request, a new feature has been introduced in Quill 2.4. In addition to providing a remark for the decline, users now have the option to attach additional files. These attachments can consist of images containing remarks on the document, Excel files offering more detailed explanations, or even the modified PDF file for returning it to the requestor. This capability reduces email communication and facilitates tracking of responses within a single workflow.
Allow to swap your file when editing a document (QU-1672)
It is now possible to replace a file with a newer version within an existing document flow, eliminating the need to initiate an entirely new flow as was required in the previous version.
So in situations where a signer declines a signing request due to necessary modifications in the file, the file can be easily replaced upon restarting the same flow.
Support placeholder configuration on folder level (QU-1673)
In prior versions of Quill, using placeholders was exclusively achievable through our API. With the latest Quill version, we are excited to introduce native support for configuring placeholders directly at the folder level. This streamlined approach allows users to define placeholder text and specify the corresponding field type.
When uploading a document to a configured folder, our system automatically scans the document, seamlessly replacing placeholders with the appropriate fields. The remaining step involves linking the placeholder fields to the designated signers, simplifying and expediting the document preparation process for enhanced efficiency and precision.
Enhanced privileges (QU-1640 / QU-1710 / QU-1711)
To enhance your ability to oversee and control privileges and workflows in Quill, we have introduced four new privileges:
- Manage Templates: Users with this privilege have the ability to make adjustments to templates. Other users can still utilize the templates in their document flows.
- Manage Signer Groups: Users with this privilege can modify signer groups.
- Invite users: We have added two extra privileges for inviting new users. In previous versions, you could only invite users if you had the "Manage users" privilege, which granted you complete access to user management. Starting from this version, you have the option to disable the "Manage users" privilege and assign only specific users with the ability to invite guests or invite registered users. This provides you with increased flexibility in designing your own workflows and prevents accidental invitation of new registered users by your existing users.
Resizing & position of text on fields (QU-1671)
In response to numerous user requests, we are excited to introduce significant improvements to our signature- and form-fields. Users now have the ability to resize fields, allowing for seamless adaptation to diverse forms and PDF layouts. This flexibility empowers you to tailor the size of fields precisely to fit the unique requirements of your documents.
But that's not all—we've gone a step further to provide an even more customizable experience. Users can now dictate the font size, horizontal alignment, and vertical alignment of text within fields. These additional customization options give you control over the look and feel of your PDFs, ensuring a truly personalized and polished document appearance.
Font Selection for Visual Signatures (QU-1717)
Users can now exercise greater control over the visual representation of signatures by selecting from four different fonts. This enhancement provides a tailored approach to personalizing the appearance of visual signatures in documents.
Additionally, for those who prefer a more streamlined aesthetic, we have introduced the option to disable the display of handwritten signatures in the visual signature. This flexibility allows users to choose the presentation that best suits their needs, making signing more versatile and sophisticated.
Validate if signer is the actual requested signer (QU-1751)
In our latest API update, we have introduced a powerful feature that allows you to specify data for matching with signer information during the eID or itsme signing process. This includes validation checks for the National Identification Number (NISS), birthday, firstname, and/or lastname. When supplied, our system validates this information, and in case of a detected mismatch, the signature is automatically rejected. This leaves the document open, waiting for the correct signature and ensuring a secure and accurate signing process.
User Experience / User Interface updates
In our continuous effort to improve user experience and interface efficiency, we've implemented several updates in this release:
- Make table columns resizable (QU-1689)
- Enable direct saving upon leaving leaving a page with unsaved changes (QU-1573)
- Display signers during the approval flow (QU-1638): In order to improve the approval process, the names of signers will now be visible within the flow.
- Include approvers to sign table (QU-1688): When listing documents for signing, the table will now display the designated approvers.
- Add additional columns to user selection (QU-1802): The user selection table will now include the memo linked to each user, providing more information to the end user.
- Enhance document flow manual reminder (UX) (QU-1668): The user feedback experience is improved when sending a reminder for document flow.
- Enhance the user feedback in retrigging an SMS (QU-1667): Notification to the user is enhanced when retriggering an SMS.
- Rearrange language selection in the screen for editing email header/footer (QU-1653)
- Improve the user interface for displaying long file names (QU-1572)
- Auto select all options when applying a template (QU-1715): When applying a template, all options are now automatically selected by default, reducing the number of required clicks.
- Minimize the notifications for collections (QU-1712): When working with collections we introduced a new setting consolidating the notifications of multiple individual documents into a single notification for the entire collection.
- Extra notification setting: collection closed (QU-1714): We implemented a dedicated notification type for collection closure. This allows users to receive a one-time notification when the entire collection is completed. This notification serves as an efficient way to send the entire bundle to your users.
- Visually show the status of the document when viewing (QU-1656): When a document has been signed or rejected the lifecycle of this document is now shown in a special overview tab on the document itself for better monitoring.
- Enhance the visual signature by adding additional information (QU-1752): This feature enables administrators to modify the layout of the visual signature and include more details about the signing method. It also offers the option to exclude the handwritten name.
- Expand support for a second SMS provider (QU-1698): In order to minimize the occurrence of undelivered text messages, we have incorporated a backup provider.
- Establish a dedicated URL for SSO redirection (QU-1690): We have introduced a dedicated URL that links directly to Quill, facilitating immediate initiation of the SSO flow.
- Extend Sharepoint support for drives and subsites (QU-1801): Sharepoint allows you to set up drives and subsites, support for both was added to our connector
- API: Retrieve attachments associated with declined documents (QU-1655)
- API: Enable the utilization of placeholders for form fields (QU-1670)
- API: Combine sequential and parallel signing processes and update parallel group settings (QU-1694)
What's planned for the next release?
We are committed to further enhancing Quill and have exciting features planned for the next release, scheduled for the start of the upcoming year:
- Enhanced Form Fields User Experience: We will streamline the process of filling in multiple form fields during the signing procedure, ensuring a more user-friendly interaction.
- Templates for Collections: We will expand our template capabilities to include support for collections. This enhancement allows users to effortlessly create onboarding bundles or contract bundles from templates, providing greater flexibility and efficiency in document management.
- Improved UX for User Creation: In response to user feedback, we will optimise the user creation process. The addition of a more intuitive flow for configuring folder settings and group settings during the addition of a new user ensures a smoother and more user-friendly experience.
- Attribute Fields for Signers: Introducing an attribute field alongside the existing input and checkbox fields. This new field dynamically uses the value of the signer's name or email address.
- Form Field validators: In our ongoing efforts to enhance data accuracy, we are implementing validation for form fields. This feature will verify the entered values against predefined criteria, such as validating a National Insurance (NISS) number, ensuring data integrity.
- Folder-Specific Contact Lists: We are introducing contact lists specific to each folder. This enhancement empowers users to manage contacts on a per-folder basis, eliminating the need for global platform guests. These folder-specific contacts will be exclusively available for the workflows within that specific folder.
- Notification Settings per Folder: This will enable a more granular control over notifications, allowing users to tailor communication preferences according to specific folder requirements.
Visit the Quill product page here.
A list of frequently asked questions can be found here.
The General Terms and Conditions using this platform are listed here.
The Privacy Statement is described here.
The English user manual here.
The API documentation is here.
Several application notes describing typical scenarios are available here:
- How to add users and make sure they have the correct permissions
- How to let the Quill platform send emails from your own domain
- How to correctly handle the retention of documents
- How to use redirect URLs & sequential signing
- How to use webhooks
- Different steps to follow when implementing bulk signing in integrated scenarios (and the use of OpenID Connect)
- Different steps to follow when implementing document collections in integrated scenarios